Student Awards for Excellence
The Connecticut Council of Language Teachers is pleased to recognize and reward the excellence and achievement of deserving students at all levels of instruction across the state by offering the CT COLT Student Award for Excellence.
Students, nominated by their teachers,
- will receive a special certificate.
- will have their names published on the CT COLT website.
- will have a special letter of recognition sent to their principal or superintendent.
In addition, students in Level IV and higher of language study (e.g. High School, Spanish IV) will receive a medal engraved with For Excellence in Foreign Languages."
AWARD RECIPIENTS FOR 2019:
Please click HERE to view the list of Student Award for Excellence recipients for 2019.
- Students must be enrolled in a foreign language class at the elementary, middle school or high school level of instruction.
- A teacher may nominate up to FIVE high achieving students who have achieved at least a 90% average and who demonstrate enthusiasm and commitment to the language.
- Students must give evidence of positive attitude toward language and cultures (e.g., using the language beyond the classroom, participating in language clubs, etc.).
- Each teacher may nominate no more than FIVE students.
- To offset the costs, the following per pupil fee is assessed. A check must be mailed in as soon as you complete the electronic nomination form.
- Nomination Fee: $3.00 per student
- Non-CT COLT members: additional $30.00 for the one year required membership. Please include a membership form for each teacher for whom membership is being purchased. You may download a membership form by clicking HERE.
- Electronic Nomination Form and fees (checks only) must be received before May 1.
- Certificates and letters will be mailed to the nominating teacher by June 1. Every effort will be made to have materials arrive before awards ceremonies. Please include this information on the nomination form.
Please be sure to check the information that you enter into the form below for accuracy. There is a $2.00 fee per certificate that needs to be reprinted if YOU entered inaccurate information. Make all checks payable to "CT COLT." No certificates or medals will be mailed to you until payment has been received. Please send payment and any membership forms to the following address: Lisa Urso, John Winthrop Middle School, One Winthrop Road, Deep River, CT 06417. If there are any questions, please contact Lisa Urso at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nominations for the Student Awards for Excellence have closed. The nomination form was taken down at 11:59 p.m. on May 1st.