STUDENT AWARDS AND SCHOLARSHIPS
The Connecticut Council of Language Teachers offers ONE major award program and THREE scholarships for the world language students in Connecticut.
- CT COLT Student Awards for Excellence for elementary school, middle school and high school students studying world languages in Connecticut schools.
- The Irene Stanislawczyk Scholarship for an undergraduate student majoring in a world language and teacher education.
- The Kenneth A. Lester Summer Immersion Scholarship for students in grades pre-K through 12th grade.
The Connecticut Council of Language Teachers offers FIVE different awards available to teachers in Connecticut who are members of the organization.
- Helen Amaral Award to help defray the cost of travel or study abroad in existing programs or one designed by the applicant.
- Robert G. Mead, Jr. Award to help defray the cost of attending a national level conference focusing on teaching language and culture.
- Jane G. Graveen Award to support the accomplishments of a FLES teacher by providing funding for the purchase of classroom materials.
- Pegasus PRIDE Award to recognize and highlight some of the many dedicated world language teachers represented by our member world language teachers who, day in and day out, work hard in their classrooms to promote the development of foreign language and cultural skills among their students.
- Service/Retirement Award to recognize retiring world language teachers and those teachers with at least 25 years of service.